Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rainy Days on Mondays

Okay, so now that the power is back on, I can get back online. The power went out Sunday evening around 7:30 p.m. I figured it would be back on pretty soon, but by 10 o'clock, I decided sleeping through it would be better. Only, it wasn't back on the next morning, and by that time, the phone was out as well. Ugh!!!

Since there was no power or phone, I decided it would be a good day to run errands somewhere there was power and phone, so off I went to Enid. While I was gone, my girls began playing board games. By the time I got home, they finished "Lord of the Rings" Monopoly. They pulled me into the games and we played Parcheesi and Trivial Pursuit. By the time that was finished, the power was back on...something like 22-23 hours later.

We are so dependent upon electricity, it isn't funny. But if we are given the chance to have no internet, no television, no telephone, just family. We seem to get along pretty well, and have a great time. Oh sure, we had the obligatory, "I'm bored," but over all we had a great time.

Why do we have to have a power outage, to take time apart for our families. To stop, slow down, and read a book, play a game, think about life.

I know everyone wasn't without power, but I would invite you to turn off the computer, the cell phone, the television, and spend some time with your kids, your spouse, yourself, your God.

No comments: