An interview with mompriest at revgalblogpals...
1. Where do you blog? If you are asking about my geographic location, in Oklahoma. If you are asking where I sit to blog, generally in my bed propped up on pillows with my laptop. I know, it seems lazy, but hey, my desk is too cluttered.
2. What are your favorite non-revgal blog pal blogs? Well here are a few:
Life Must Go on in Gaza and Sderot a blog by two friends, one who lives in Gaza and one who lives right across the border in Sderot, Israel. They do not post often, but it is interesting to see their perspective of the situation in which they live.
Tablescaping a blog about tablescaping. What can I say, I love the dishes.
Pressing On a blog by my favorite author, CurtissAnn Matlock on the personal side of her life.
Hacking Christianity a blog by a young(er) colleague in ministry who has a different take and perspective on things.
The MethoBlog a blog with UM blogger feeds.
3. What gives you joy? Not tough to answer this one, my family. Next in line, my calling.
4. What is your favorite sound? The three beeps that signals that the coffe maker is finished. I also love the sounds of outside on my back porch...nature, birds, insects, the train going by...
5. What do you hope to hear once you enter the pearly gates? "Welcome home my good and faithful servant." What do I not want to hear? "You're working in the kitchen."
6. You have up to 15 words, what would you put on your tombstone? "She tried." Ha! Seriously - I would probably like to replace the dash between the date of my birth and the date of my death with daughter, sister, wife, mother, pastor, friend, lover of God and God's children."
7. Write the first sentence of your own great American novel. "It was a dry, hot, windy day as she gazed into the blinding sun." I do live in Oklahoma, it's what I know.
8. What color do you prefer your pen? Black, gel pen or preverably an ultra fine Sharpie.
9. What magazines do you subscribe to? The Interpreter (but that is a given), Circuit Rider (also a given), Birds and Blooms, Woman's Day, Biblical Archeology Review.
10. What is something you want to achieve in this decade? Possibly my Doctorate.
11. Why are you cool? Because my daughters and their friends think I am. Also, because my husband must sleep with a fan.
12. What is one of your favorite memories? One - too difficult to do. I think soon it will be of my trip to Israel, but of the things that has already occured, my memories involve things like my daughter kissing me on the cheek, looking into my husband's eyes, seeing a planet for the first time through a telescope, wondering at nature.
13. Anything else you've always wanted to be asked? Sure, I have always wanted to be asked my opinion on how to fix the world, and as soon as I have an answer, then I'll let you know. I've also always wanted to be asked to tell you about my children.