Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home at Last!

It has been a while since I have posted, although my "smitten husband" has been posted the sermons during my absence. I greatly appreciate him, and those who preached for me while I was away. I am going to be posting my diary from the trip as I get them processed. I will try to include a few pictures also as I do this.

Today, am going to post the June 1 and 2 diary entries which includes my getting prepared to go. When I refer to the setting off the alarms at the airport, it is because I have plates and pins in my right leg.

June 1, 2009
I leave tomorrow. Interestingly enough, I am not worried or scared. I thought I would be considering I was nervous about saying that I would go. Others have expressed concern for me, even Lark at the Post Office. I feel calm and at peace; must be God. I may begin to get nervous later, like when I get on the plane. But things are well with my soul. I am looking forward to the trip.

June 2, 2009
I am at the airport. I made it through without setting off alarms! I am glad that isn’t going to be something I have to deal with as I travel. The group I am with is interesting. I think we are all good natured enough to get along and adapt to differing personalities. There are six clergy and seven laity on this mission trip. There are twelve United Methodists and one Pentecostal; ten women and three men. It is an interesting group with those who are older and younger, outgoing and quiet.

I personally worry a bit about being about to deal with the physical demands I will be facing on this trip. We will also be out of our element for two weeks, and that is disconcerting. I don’t know how to prepare for this because I have never really been out of the country, with the exception of Cancun, Mexico; which is not exactly challenging. I think to a certain degree I am still in shock and amazement that I am going on this mission trip. It is not only an opportunity of a lifetime, it is something I have felt drawn toward for a while. God is good!

No comments: