Sunday, May 25, 2008

Annual Conference (Part 1)

Well, it's that time of year...the time of year you get to go hang out with friends you never get to see...you hear amazing testimonies of ministry in action...you have wonderful spirit-filled worship services and fellowship with other Methodists....and if the reports get boring, you can always go shop at Cokesbury!

I will be posting daily this week about things that have moved me, maddened me, or otherwise ministered to my heart and pass along the blessings.

For starters, we worshiped this morning at Boston Ave., and heard our Bishop preach. I am always blessed by his messages, and this morning was no different. He spoke of Jesus healing on the sabbath and of Peter and Paul healing the man at the temple. Basically, it was of how Jesus was turning things upside down and right side up and everyone knew it was no longer business as usual. He spoke of how when the spirit fills us - we may look the same on the outside, but we are UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT on the inside. Thank God for God!

As I am writing this I am sitting in the hotel lobby where there is free wi-fi and watching the arrivals check-in. I am reminded that although this week is largely about business, it isn't our business. We should be about the ministry of Christ. It isn't our agenda, but Christ's. Thanks be to God. Amen.

No comments: