Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So much information, so little brain function

I am seriously hoping there is something to that osmosis learning stuff. That means that all of this wonderful information, ideas, etc., that I am learning, will still stick around even though my brain seems to turn off while the seminars and workshops continue on...

I am at the Leadership Nexus Conference in Arlington, TX. I have had the opportunity to glean information on church leadership, leading church growth, the emerging church, worship, five practices, etc. There is none of it that I consider frivolous or non-important, but I am assuming that my attention span was never developed to be able to handle 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. straight!

That being my biggest complaint, everything is going well. I am hoping to be able to assimilate this wonderful information into something that will benefit me as a leader, my congregation, and my community.

I really enjoyed Bishop Schnase's presentation this evening. We are currently working through the study of the Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations in my congregation through Lent. I took copious notes on the Bishop's presentation. I am convinced that this is pure genius. You know genius - an idea so simple, no one has thought of it before. By the way, I said that to Bishop Schnase, and I am a little embarrassed by it. I am normally a much more subtle schmoozer. I guess the exhaustion is taking it's toll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonja,
I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation. Was good to meet you. Don't be embarrassed. The hyperbole in the "genius" comment was wonderfully offset by your evaluation of my work as "simple!"
(Just kidding! Relax!)
Blessings, rs

Yellow Sun Soaps said...

Bishop Schnase,

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback. Of course, I have been qualifying this as one of life's more embarrassing moments! My 'friends' and my DS is getting great chuckles out of this. I read your blog on Promise, wonderful! I hope your journeys home keeps you safe. Here we are getting some winter weather for spring. I'm looking for a rainbow!