Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Father's Passing

I haven't posted more of the series, "Lessons I'm Learning in Death, Dying and Grief," because, well...I've been busy studying those lessons.  But for those of you who have followed this blog, my father passed from this world to the church eternal on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at approximately 2:45 pm.  I wasn't there.  I thought that was important for me, and was a bit stressed over the fact that I wasn't there, that I had to be elsewhere and was traveling to this other location when I received the phone call. 

His funeral is today at 2 p.m., and we are getting ready to travel down there to celebrate his life.  Ninety-two years of a life well-lived.  God has already received him, we are just celebrating dad's arrival.  Blessings to you and thanks for your prayers and well wishes.  I will post on the lessons I am learning later. 

1 comment:

Rev. Jeremy Smith said...

Praying for your family in your loss, Sonja! Especially your amazing children!